Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Why it pays to be lazy...

More often than not, we need to learn to see the glass as half full. Which is why I am declaring that it pays to be lazy.  Tonight I found a pair of pants I forgot I own.  How cool is that??  New pants!  In a big pile of clothes on my laundry room floor, (a pile which I label, "not important - can wait until later" clothes),  I stumbled upon these pants.   And I literally did stumble on them.  I wasn't being proactive nor energetic enough to actually tackle the task of washing these clothes.  I truly did just trip over them, in a quest to find my baseball socks.  Yes, there are such things as baseball socks.  Though they are the same as my golf socks, they quite differ from my hockey socks.  Anyway, let's stay on topic here.   I equate finding my new pants as fun as finding something exciting in your old coat at the start of a new season.   How fun is it to put on last years winter coat and find money in the pocket.  I'm quite positive an organized individual does not experience this luxury - HA! I scoff at these individuals.  Look what you're missing out on!! Free money! Well, the money is about as free as the pants I found tonight are new - but humour me.   

And I don't even need to find money to get excited.  Bring on an old lip gloss and I'm elated.  

I remember years ago my family had a big garage sale.  My mom was selling all of my great uncles old clothes.   This guy buys a pair of pants for $0.50.  In an effort to, I don't know, admire the pants I guess, he held them up against him and walked around.  Wanted to make sure they fit, etc.  Well, in this charade he finds a $20.00 in the back pocket. It's too bad he did this right in front of us because he then felt obligated to give it back. Sucker.   Had he waited until he got home to just try them on, he would have profited $19.50.  Bringing me back to my main point - here is yet another example of how it would have paid to be lazy.  Literally.  
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just saying the same thing to someone tonight about how I'll forget about the clothes I own because they've been at the bottom of the laundry pile for a long time and then I'll buy more clothes. So... that's not the same as gaining value by finding clothes you forgot you had.

Well-written post!