Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pieces of me

This whole blog thing is quite new to me. I just started it last week. I got to the "About Me" part of the page and hit a road block. How do I describe myself? Who am I? I started thinking about it, but it was hard to do. I started compiling thoughts in my head over a few days. Little bits of me. While it may not be that interesting to anyone else to read - it was actually a pretty interesting little project, even just for myself.

Here's what I came up with.....

I watch Young and the Restless every day - even though it's ridiculous.
I will never make a sandwich or a bed as well as my mother.
I wouldn't order Caesars if they didn't come with pickles.
I love my MAC. I've gone Mac and I'll never go back.
I have a good imagination.
I miss my grandma's cooking.
I carry floss everywhere I go.
I cherish pictures.
I hate beer, but I wish I didn't.
I love all kinds of music, but I'm a country girl at heart.
I don't like fish or seafood. But I love tuna. Explain that.
I have an addiction to chapstick/lip gloss. Burt's Bees & MAC Lip Glass especially.
I don't like when my food touches on my plate.
I miss my cat Steve. He was my buddy.
When I go home to my parents I still expect to see my dog on the steps. It's been 5 years since she died.
Sometimes I think I trust too easily.
I loved going to summer camp when I was a kid.
I love board games.
Bonfires in the summer make me happy.
I love cheese and jam sandwiches.
I try to remember to think before I speak. It's a work in progress.
I love reading. I forever want to learn.
I wish I could wear pajamas all the time.
I am easily amused. I like that.
I am annoyed by poor grammar.
My mind often wanders.
I love going to the movies. Especially with my sister.
I miss my good hockey days; with my hockey girls (they know who they are)
I could spend hours in Shoppers Drug Mart.
I am thankful my parents and siblings are all in the same city.
I am learning to stop worrying about things I can't control. I've come a long way.
I used to have issues with anxiety and I'm thankful everyday I beat that hurdle.
I lose everything and forget things every where I go. I am never surprised when it happens.
I like plucking my eyebrows.
I long to be more organized.
I have a mysterious allergy in my mouth that doctors can't explain.
I develop deep relationships with television shows.
Steven Tyler freaks me out. A lot.
I have intense, frequent dreams. That's both good AND bad.
I want to be better at golf. I haven't given up.
I'm embarrassed I don't know where a lot of countries are on a map.
I secretly still think if I had went away for University my life would have been like Felicity's.
I love road trips.
I can't drive standard. I want to.
I love ebay.
I love waking up on Sunday mornings and reading Post Secret.
I have good friends in my life. They make me laugh and I love that.
I very rarely get my mail and I know that's weird.
From past 90210 days to present 90210 days, I've always wanted Jennie Garth's hair.
I love all things Bath and Body Works.
I started getting gray hair when I was 21.
I love how all my nieces can make me laugh.
My most productive thinking happens in the shower.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me giggle. Our similarities:

I love plucking my eyebrows. Very satisfying to get those little hairs. Why people let their brows grow out all ugly to get them waxed so that they'll look good for only a week or so is beyond me. Pluck them, People. It doesn't hurt-- you get used to it.

I try to remember to think before I speak. It's also a work in progress. But I've come a long way, Baby.

I, too, am annoyed by poor grammar and I edit blogs as I read them and edit my own constantly. Always re-reading and re-editing.

I forever want to learn. Love to read.

I develop deep relationships with tv shows but I do know they aren't real. If I met a famous person, I would have the presence of mind to use their real name and not their tv name.

Steven Tyler also freaks me out. Even more so: Mick Jagger. And Hugh Hefner. When you wish you were always in your pjs, think of Hefner. After a while, it's just creepy, Sara. That said, I went to my friend's yesterday in my pjs and went to the gas station to get chips in my pjs. It was a bad day.

I used to love ebay.

I started getting grey hair really young too.

Anonymous said...

OK...I know I promised you a comment at some point, so this seems like the perfect time. There have been times when I wonder how fun it would be to be in your head. Your blog gives me a glimpse....thanks!

As for todays subject, a few comments...

I'm so glad you carry floss...you never know when an unexpected lunch special is going to include corn on the cob.

You're allowed to miss Steve...I don't know what I'd do without Simon.

I never think of your parent's dog without remembering the "Amber's fucking Corky out by the bonfire" incident. I am honoured to have shared a name with another hot blonde!

I don't trust easily enough...either way, it sucks.

I never knew about the board games..and I've been finding this out about a lot of friends laterly. I'm totally going to institute board game nights at my house this winter.

Now for something about me...I LOVE that I am surrounded by so many honest, fun, beautiful, smart, interesting women in my life. Thanks for being one of them!

Anonymous said...

I liked reading this a lot...the only thing I didn't know about you was that you like jam and cheese sandwiches. Yuck. It's nice to read through the list and remember how much we DON'T have in common...lol. Pluck my eyebrows? Now why would I do that? They're blonde...Young and the Restless, I'm slowly getting over which makes me sad. I almost ALWAYS think before I speak - and I try and cover up things that you may say when you're not thinking....hmmmm, I can think of something right now that you said and I know you know what I'm thinking of. I don't have grey hair, I barely have any hair actually. When I see your parents doorstep I think of Amber too, and it makes me smile, but then I think of my gramma's dog Tuffy and it makes me crack up....he he he. I will never order a Ceaser because I hate tomato juice. I hate MAC computers, I can't even figure out how to get online when I'm at your house. I'm with you on the hating beer thing, I also hate pop and wish I liked it. Oh, and you do for sure forget something everywhere you go, this is where I come in handy, I try and remember things for you before you go out my door. I drive standard, I actually didn't know how to drive automatic and was nervous the first time I did. I also have good friends in my life, but only one that I feel 100% comfortable with in everything and anything I do or say...thank God for you Sar.....despite all of our differences, we are so much the same it's scary. :)

Anonymous said...

Sara, you kill me.. I cry I laugh so hard.. I had to call my mom and send her your link.. and told her.. "mom remember my friend Sara from work?" She said, "the crazy one?" LOL.. ya.. so she will be checking in on your craziness as well.. keep the stories coming!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this blog and had a little mental walk down memory lane while doing so.. I also cracked up with some of the similarities..

The MAC thing.. agree 100%, I love coming come to my MAC that always works, after a day of wanting to throw my PC out the window..

I HATE beer too..I even tried really hard at university to like it..

I am also addicted to lip gloss and I carry about 50 around in my purse everyday. I feel naked without them and need lots because they often go missing..

I go to Shoppers Drug Mart when I'm bored and could happily spend hours just looking around. How bad is that? A girl always needs a new lipgloss, I guess.

I buy those "Real Simple" Magazines that have those "How to organize everything" articles thinking that I will follow all the "how-to steps" and then I still jam everything in cupboards/closets so bad that I'm afraid to open them.. Being 100% organized is a pipe dream and the magazine is in the recycling bin.

I secretly wish my "going away to university" life was like Felicity's.

I still picture your parents place with Amber lying out in the front yard or on the steps. I hate when I walk up my parents driveway at home because for a spilt second I still think that Max is there and then I remember he isn't..

I LOVE board games but hate how competitive I get when I play them..I played Monopoly on the weekend and was secretly happy when people called it a night before the game was over ( I was losing).

I really need to remember to think before I speak..

Anyway just a few..and I really loved this..

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud and I know most of these things about you! That I feel is the reason we have been friends for 24 years.

I love that you take the time to remember the little things that made you laugh till you almost pee'd when it happened, and it can still bring a smile to many faces however long later.

When you write about yourself I realize how many things we had and still have in common, and whenever I think about your parents house (which is more often then you would think) I picture Amber laying down out front.

I went away to school and it was nothing like Felicity's life but I am still hopping to meet Scott Speedman.

I tried thinking before speaking but if people can't handle the unedited truth they should probably get a helmet.

Don't change anything about yourself ever! You are the best friend anyone could ever ask for.

Anonymous said...

so i would just like to say, we're pretty much the same person.

Jamie said...

We have sooo much in common, hehe!!! Thank you for the comment on my "about me" on my blog! i'm adding your blog to my reader now! :) I look forward to getting to know you even better! Happy day to you!