Thursday, October 2, 2008

Priceless

Dress $1000.00

Shoes $50.00

Hair $40.00
________________

Picture of a bride dancing with a pumpkin on her head????

PRICELESS



This is reason #1433 why I love Emmilia.

Last Saturday I was honoured to stand beside Emmilia on her wedding day. Looking back it's been 14 years of friendship and 14 years of fun. The first day I met her, I thought she was crazy. In retrospect, I am sure that is why we are still friends. Anyway, it was during the winter of grade 8. Erin and I heard a new girl moved in down the road. We were excited to meet her and make a new friend. We were going tobogganning that day and thought we'd go to her house to introduce ourselves and invite her along. She said she wanted to come with us. As Erin and I stood there in our big snow suits and boots (for those who remember, yes, mine were the big purple Sorels - that I still have to this day) We waited while Emmilia went to get her snow stuff. Out she comes in jeans and duck boots!! Jeans and Duck Boots? Who was this girl?? Does she not know what playing in the snow entails? I am sure Erin and I exchanged skeptical glances and I was pretty confident this "friendship" just wasn't meant to be.

It's funny how when you're 13 you think Duck Boots are tell-tale indicators of the future.

Little did I know.

Throughout the next five years of highschool we had countless fits of laughter and adventures together. I have fond memories of riding around town in her gigantic old suburban, fishing trips with her dad, semi-formals, leadership conferences and so much more. In University we went separate ways, but we always stayed close. Road trips to her dorm, and all the other places she lived were always great times.

But really, it never mattered and still doesn't matter what city we are in or what we are doing. Even when we are sitting around doing nothing, Emmilia can always make me laugh. And that is what I love about her.

So, It's no surprise that 14 years after she wore jeans in the snow, I laughed right along side her while she danced with pumpkin on her head. I wouldn't have it any other way.

C'mon! You didn't think I wasn't going to do it too, did you?



Her brother did it too......And one of the groomsmen, but I didn't get a picture of him.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is number 1546 on why I love Sara! I always love reading her blog, but this one got me a little teary-eyed..
Here's why... as I read Sara's thoughts about our friendship I can only feel echos of the same feelings about her.
After 14 years of friendship I am grateful to have such a wonderful person in my life. Sara always makes me laugh and cheers me up when I'm down, no matter where I am in the world.
I can't even scratch the surface recounting all the funny, crazy stuff we have done together in a comment about blog post, but can attest that there are many.
Here's to the many years of friendship before us and to one day being two old crazy birds sitting side-by-side in rocking chairs. I'll be the one wearing duck boots and possibly tea-cozy on my head with Sara beside me, still making me laugh.
Love you Sara!!
Emmilia
OXO