Sunday, February 15, 2009

Judge Judy

I judge people. So do you. If you say you don't, you're lying.

Here are two examples of when I judge people: On elevators & on "Drop Offs"

Let me explain:

Elevators: I work in a big building with a large number of people. Riding the elevator occurs many times daily. I enjoy the men that get all old-school and let all the women on first. And off first. It's chivalry at it's finest and I like it.

Drop Offs: If you are driving me home, do you let me out of the car and drive away? Or do you wait to ensure I get in the house safely? Because I am paying attention to this. Just so you know.

I think for both these examples I do not think less of the people who don't do these things. But I guess you could say I think more of the people who do.

Please share with me YOUR judging ways. I'm curious to know.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I judge people who watch soap operas regularly. LOL. You're the exception to my judgment. I'm trying to think of other examples from this week.

Manners are important to me. I think they are important to society. I judge people on how they tip, how they respect all the "little" people around them who serve them.

mirella. said...

i also prefer it when people wait until i get into my house before they take off.
ESPECIALLY boys.

i've never noticed if men tend to let me into an elevator first, but now i'm totally going to pay attention to it.

i'm famous for checking whether or not people say "thank-you". for example, i don't like it when i hold the door open for someone and they don't thank me. i secretly wish i could take polaroids of people who do that so that i can memorize their faces and remember NEVER to hold a door open for them again.
(note: this does not include the elderly. they don't have to say a word, i will do it anyway)

C.Flower said...

I judge people in their cars. If they're singing along to music, I think they're awesome. If they have a death grip on the wheel and pursed lips, I think they're uptight and dull.

I judge people on bicycles. If someone is pedaling a tricked out Cannondale dressed in butt spandex and neon yellow, I think they're supremely disciplined and ambitious.

I judge people by their dogs. If they're walking a pug, I want to invite them over for grilled cheese sandwiches and kettle-cooked chips. I also assume they like ice cream and have an open mind, and a good sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

I judge people by the contents of their grocery carts. Sometimes, I scoff at their self-indulgence (case in point: pre-cooked bacon), other times I find myself jealous, as if it's anyone's fault but my own that I don't buy the $9 tub of gourmet ice cream.

Anonymous said...

last night when i dropped you off i didn't wait in your driveway but after i backed out i DID check to make sure you got in your house safely before i drove away... don't judge me just cause i didn't do a full out driveway wait!!