Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Day at the Fair


 I learned a few things this past weekend: 
  • I spent too many years of my life missing out on Rodeos.  Cowboys, Horses & Bulls - So fun!  I need to do this more often. 
  • Corn Dogs were always this American thing to me that I never understood.  But it seemed only fitting to try one at a County Fair and it was SO good! 
  • You shouldn't go to the fair and miss out on Snow Cones.  I chose Blue Raspberry. 
  • Even if a kid has a bracelet to go on any ride they want, all day long - Darienne is perfectly content to ride the Merry-Go-Round over and over.  And over and over.  
  • A day at the fair wouldn't be complete if you didn't see someone step off a ride and puke all over the pavement.  
  • Avery, the fearless speed seeker, did not want to ride the Ferris Wheel with me because it was too slow.  But she did and I loved it!
I had a great weekend away with Amy, Avery and Darienne.  I hope we can go back next year!

For anyone afraid of heights, here is what you
would experience on a Ferris Wheel. 

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You're into the videos lately, eh?

This one made my toes tingle! My toes tingle on Ferris wheels and in action movies when people hang from cliffs or skyscrapers. I've never met anyone else that this happens to. I figure, you're the kind of gal who might slap her knee and say, "Well I'll be damned! My toes tingle too!"

It's been awhile M.Wench. Hope you're doing well. I was near your neck o the woods a week ago – camping on the St. Lawrence Seaway. I'm not sure if this is your Canada or not, but it was Canada nonetheless and thus I was closer to you than usual.

Sara said...

Well, I'll be damned, you're right!! and Yes, I am on a video kick.