Friday, May 7, 2010

Messy Meals

I haven't told a Roy story in a long time. I recently ran into an old friend, Scott, and it reminded me of one. Here we go....

When Roy first moved in I would periodically find crumpled up pages of the phone book in the garbage. This baffled me. The first few times I saw this, I shrugged it off but as time moved on and I continued to find the pages in the garbage my curiosity was peaked. What on earth could he have been doing to need to tear out these pages? And why did I NEVER see him with the phone book when I was home?

Eventually, the mystery was solved. One day I came home earlier than expected to find Roy eating his stir fry (that he ate EVERY single day) directly out of the pot. No big deal - I understand the desire to create less dishes and I too will sometimes eat food directly out of the pot. But here's the catch; because the pot was too hot to touch he would grab the phone book, open it up and place the pot on top of it. Then as he ate his meal, rice and veggies would spill over the sides of the pot and onto the phonebook. Then he would simply rip out the dirty pages and put the phonebook back.

As a resolution, I decided to buy him some nice bamboo place mats that he could use instead. He never used them. Not once. None of this really seemed to matter.....until the day Scott came over. A few of my other friends were there as well but when Scott came, he accidentally locked his keys and wallet in the car while it was still running. Frazzled, he came inside to call CAA. Since his wallet was in the car, we had to look up the number in the phonebook. Naturally - CAA was no where to be found in the book.

I can still hear Jane declaring "ROY- You ATE CAA!".

It still makes me laugh out loud.

Favourite of the Day: It's Mothers Day! Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful moms out there, but especially mine!! And also - Winnie Cooper.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You did it again. I'm peeing my panties I'm laughing so hard. Every time I picture Roy, I picture Long Duk Dong from "Sixteen Candles."

BTW: When I was camping along the St. Lawrence Seaway on my honeymoon, I locked the car keys in our trunk. Because we embarked on a honeymoon ROAD TRIP I signed up AAA before the wedding, just in case. We ended up having to use it twice. The first time was when we were camping and I called the 1-800 number and CAA picked up because we were so close to Quebec. And the second time was when we blew our tire in West Virginia without any TOOLS in the car to change the tire. Dumbass honeymooners.