Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Reading Rainbow #1


I don't know how many reading friends I have out there. But I am going to start posting really good books I find, in case you want to read them too. I will keep the posts short so they aren't all cheesy and book report-y. Just a little suggestion in case anyone has similar tastes in books and might enjoy the ones I've enjoyed.

The first one is "Room" by Emma Donoghue. I read it in two days. I couldn't put it down. It is about a boy Jack and his mother who live in a room together. The mother was kidnapped 7 years prior and neither have left the room since. The book is written from 5 year old Jack's perspective.




Favourite of the Day: I installed a new shower head today. You know the kind where you turn the head and the water sprays in all different ways? I love it. Also, I have my voice back. It may be the voice of a 12 year old boy, but at least it's a voice.




2 comments:

Heidi said...

Thank you for reminding me about this book! I read a review of it not long ago and filed it in my brain for later. Obviously that didn't work. But your post did. Yay. A new read! Keep posting book suggestions.

Cheese Makes Me Happy! said...

Thanks for the review. I have picked this book up about eight times in Coles and put it back down eight times!