Friday, November 4, 2011

Star-shmucks, Maybe.

I decided that I hate Starbucks. I'm not sure why I suddenly became so hostile towards the place, but I did. As I stood there looking around and listening to people talk - I realized how much I hate everything about it.

On Wednesday I was down in Southern Ontario and I had some time to kill. I was hungry and I saw one within walking distance. I went in and ordered a "Skinny Peppermint Mocha". Which I thought was a mint flavoured hot chocolate. It wasn't. It had espresso or some other gross crap in it. "Skinny" meant they used non-fat milk. Though I'm not sure how skinny it was when the girl put whip cream on it. Genius, right?

I also ordered a muffin. The stupid "Venti" mocha and muffin put me out $8.00. Ridiculous.

As I stood there waiting for the girl to ever-so-non-chalantly-despite-the-crazy-line-up create this fancy shmancy dumb drink at a turtle's pace, I listened to other people order their drinks. Venti. Grande. Soy. Non Fat. No Whip. Skinny. No Foam. Half this. Half that.

How about a nice warm glass of shut the hell up? (Happy Gilmore, anyone?)

DON'T PEOPLE JUST ORDER COFFEE ANY MORE? The smug and pretentious clouds in the room were burning my eyes so I promptly left. Thankfully, I don't drink coffee. I rarely drink hot drinks. My hatred for this store means nothing and affects no one. I just needed to vent. Okay. Done.

For all you supporters - I went to their website. I acknowledge they do some good. Responsibly Grown. Fair Trade Coffee. Economic Accountability. Social Responsibility. Yada Yada Yada.

I stand by the fact that if some dude had to create a chart to decipher your menu - you suck.







Side note: Did you know this sweet actress, Frances Bay, died in September
at the young age of 92?



Favourite of the Day: Tonight my sister told me she tried to show her dog a picture on her iPad but 'he wouldn't look at it'. HAHAHAHAHA.

4 comments:

Cheese Makes Me Happy said...

It kind of sounds like you're boycotting Starbucks...

Amber said...

You can "Venti" anytime, if it cracks me up like this.

P.S-Thanks for immortalizing a link to my favourite scene in that movie. I refer to a "warm glass of shut the hell up" weekly at work, and the pop-culturally deprived squares I work with never get it!

C.Flower said...

This whole thing is hilarious. I love when you're disgruntled. But your "Favorite of the Day" had me laughing out loud at 7 am with a squirming baby in my arms.

Sara M said...

Your piece of chicken.. my husband is now your friend.. we had a good laugh..

Funny thing with my dog.. I trued to get Daisy to look at a picture of herself on my cell phone, she was annoyed, would not look.. I am not sure if she thought I was going to take another picture, or she just didn't think I was smart!