Thursday, November 1, 2012

Stories From My Kitchen

Once upon a time (last night) I decided that I wanted to make pumpkin ravioli.  I found a recipe online.  It was called "Pumpkin Ravioli in Sage Butter". This is what it looked like in the picture: 


 I began my first journey in making homemade ravioli.  
(I did not make the pasta myself - I used won ton wrappers. Go ahead. Judge me.) 


This was not an enjoyable experience. It was tedious and frustrating.  I was sure it would be worthwhile in the end since I love pumpkin ravioli.  

I put them in the freezer with plans to cook them tonight. 

I came home from work and made the savoury butter and sage sauce then eagerly anticipated a delicious meal. 

Guess what?  It was a disaster.  

When they were boiling in the water they all split open and pumpkin mush oozed everywhere.  I carefully moved them to the frying pan in attempts to salvage what I could.  Then they all stuck to the pan. 
  
Here is the final result: 



Looks like barf in a bowl, right?  And did you know that sage tastes like a badger's butt hole? 

They're now in the garbage.   

Screw you pumpkin ravioli.  Screw you Sage. 

The End




1 comment:

Amber said...

This made me laugh! I'm sorry, I hate it when others' adventures in Foodland don't end well! If you ever want a hand at a new kitchen project, I'm up for the challenge!