Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Was it Merlot?


Just yesterday I went for a nice walk down a sandy beach on Lake Huron.  I took off my shoes and walked barefoot in the lake.  It was a bizarre experience considering it was November 9th.    

Then Mother Nature drank too much wine with Father Time.  They got giddy and played Truth or Dare.   While Father Time divulged his teenage secrets, Mother Nature chose Dare and erupted with laughter.  They high-fived each other and giggled as they showered us with snow.  

So 24 hours after I walked barefoot in a lake, I was forced to dig out my mittens and boots.   

I find it troubling how people who've spent 20 years driving in the snow always forget how, come the first snow fall of the year.   Though I live only 9km away from my office, I left the house today at 8:17am, anticipating the hideous driving skills of the summer-minded folk.  I didn't get to my desk until 9:02am. 45 minutes to get to work. I calculated that's equivalent to driving 12km/hour. Not good for a person who is perpetually late.   

Welcome Winter.  
I hope Mother Nature is hungover tomorrow. 







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. It's probably less than 12 kph. That's crazy. It's so true how people forget how to drive. It's more like they are used to rushing and now all of a sudden they're going to be late if they accommodate the snow.

Loved your little analogy thingy.

Anonymous said...

I love the snow but living in Texas I don't see it very often. I suppose it's good though because I don't think I could take so much cold.

Xanga is a blogging site that was really popular with early teens a few years back. I only got into it because my best friend had one and I wanted to be able to comment her.

lisa said...

I think your discription of the unseasonable weather was one of the best examples of anthropomorphism I have ever encountered. I knew there was a literary term for "giving life to inaminate objects" and I looked it up, and that's what it is, anthropomorphism. There's my 50 cent word for the day.