Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Fake Crushes II

It's been a little over a year now since I last posted my fake crushes. Time has moved on and so has my taste in fictional men. I feel it's time for a new installment. Might I just add that I'm completely embarrassed that I included a certain vampire in last year's list. Augh. Barf. I'm so completely revolted by 'that movie' phenomenon now (I don't want to even write the name down). Okay, moving on. Here we go:


(1) Hank Moody (Californication). Last year I was embarrassed to say I liked him. Now? I'll shout it out loud. Perhaps he *may* be somewhat of a addict. Perhaps he does some drugs here or there. But there is something about that guy. I think some of my male friends even have a crush on him. (I won't mention any names...S.R) He is charming, funny, sarcastic and boy does he have moves. Above all, I adore his love for Karen. I am aware that makes no sense. Who said I have to make sense?




(2) Billy Abbott (The Young and The Restless). How cute is he? And that smile? Man - gets me every time. I like how he's kind of an idiot, but usually has the greater good at heart. I like it that he makes some bonehead moves once in awhile, because lets be honest - so do I. I think he's gotten his days of being a player out of his system and is on the brinks of settling down. Maybe. Not that I care if he hasn't....in fact I'm pretty confident he's soon to give Victoria the triple X throw down. She's a Newman - who wouldn't?

(3) Max Gregson (United States of Tara). If you were to infer my previous feelings for Aiden influenced this crush - I wouldn't argue with you. It's true. But I also love him as this character. When Tara alters into her other personalities he just goes with it. He doesn't try to change her, he doesn't flip out. He has accepted that this is life and he will deal with it. I love that. He's so patient and understanding. He is a good father and has a great relationship with his kids.


(4) Andy Botwin (Weeds). Andy makes me laugh - hard. Which I think is one of the most important quality in a partner - for me anyway. He's just awesome. A lot of funny + a little crazy + a family man = my kind of guy. He's the fly by the seat of your pants type. He's a cool uncle. And not a hugely important quality - but he doesn't get embarrassed easily. Nothing really seems to shame him. Not sure if that's ideal - but I love this character.





(5) Boston Rob (Survivor). Can it be considered a fake crush if the person is real? Sure, I guess. The first season he was on Survivor I did not like him. The second time I was warming up to him. This season? I love him. He is a man's man. I like that. He calls a spade a spade and he has confidence. I do not like the little mustache thing he has going on, but I'm chalking that up to the fact that he is stranded without a razor. He doesn't put up with crap. He doesn't say what people want to hear - even though that's how most people play the game of Survivor. I loved the other night when he was talking to Coach and said "That's all I'm going to say about this. Now shut the F up and be a man". HA.
Oh, And let's not forget about that cute Boston accent.

Okay. That's it. I'm done now. I just want to add I have a bit of an odd crush on Jay Manuel from America's (and Canada's) Next Top Model. I know he's gay but every girl has a gay crush right?

Favourite of the Day: SUNSHINE. The snow is 95% gone and it's beautiful outside!! Thanks to last night's time change the bright days will last longer. I love it that the cute little boys who live down the road were playing road hockey too. A sure sign that spring has arrived!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Boston Rob is hot. I'm totally with you on this one.

AND WHAT THE HELL KIND OF SHORT SHORTS IS DUCHOVNY WEARING IN THAT PICTURE? JOCKEY SHORTS!?? Get the man some pants!