Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh Boy

Recently, I inappropriately used the term 'balls' (yes, those balls) in front of 3 year old Damian. Not 5 minutes later does he say it, of course. Thankfully, his quick-thinking mother convinced him I was talking about soccer balls.

It was the reminder I needed that kids are listening to you, even when you don't think they are.

This made me think of something hilarious my niece said years ago. Avery had (and still has) a really long tongue. My sister made jokes about this. So really, we should not have been the least bit surprised when Avery told a complete stranger that she was Gene Simmons love child.

This still makes me laugh so hard my belly shakes.


Avery & I at a rodeo in Michigan, showing off our Snow Cone tongues.

6 comments:

Amber said...

On the bright side, he didn't pick up the terms "lady garden", "meat curtains", or "vagical."

Amy said...

lol, I loved that day. I still have a little giggle sometimes when I change Daxton's diaper with Damian around.

Heidi said...

You've got to be the coolest aunt ever. That child must adore you to death. I adore you and I've never even met you.

Heidi said...

Also: her tongue is extraordinarily long. Did you explain to her what a "love child" is?

Christina Coutu said...

I love this story!

Christina Coutu said...

So funny!