Sunday, April 29, 2012

TGIAND

"TGIF" isn't a new term.  But as of late I've become a lot more conscious of it and its popularity.  People are frequently on this countdown waiting for the glorious weekend.  This leads me to ponder a few things.

Are people flying to Hollywood on private jets to attend red carpet events with Brad and Angelina?   Am I missing out on something?  My weekends aren't that exciting these days.  I am fine with that, to be honest.   Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy my days off and I enjoy my downtime. But not to the point where my week days are dreadful.  I hope if I get to the point where I do feel that way I will recognize that I may need to change something in my life.

I may only feel this way now considering I've only recently begun the standard work week of Monday - Friday.  Years of shift work never gave me the standard 'weekends'.  Maybe a few more years of '9-5 ing' will leave me jaded. Regardless, I still want to make the best of every day. 

To be fair, sometimes I think people use the whole TGIF countdown as conversation fillers.  In the spirit of optimism, maybe just announce the weather instead. Some of us may live in cellars and need to know it's raining anyway.   

There are 365 days in a year.  Saturdays and Sundays only make up for 28% of the year.  To quote my Oprah, we need to live our best life.  Which to me means making the most of the remaining 72%. Today is a Monday.  And I say TGIAND.

Thank Goodness it's a new Day.


1 comment:

Mirella said...

I really like this! :)