Friday, April 20, 2012

We'll go Dutch.

Yesterday Neil Pasricha entered the final post on  1000 Awesome Things.  Way back in June of 2009 I alerted everyone to this amazing website, so I hope this isn't news to anyone.   You've all been reading his daily posts right? 

I love Neil. He helped us be conscious of noticing and appreciating the small things that happen day to day.  Remembering the happy things from the past and reflecting on the good.  You simply can't have enough of that in your life.   It took him over 4 years.  Waking up every single day and making sure you find the good is a challenge not all of us could tackle.  

There was some anticipation leading up the final awesome thing.   The final words he left us all with is this: "Anything You Want It To Be".  Genius move, Neil.  Genius.  An open invite for us all to find it ourselves.  

I am going to challenge myself to find it as often as I can.  Here is one I will start with today:
Beating the car in the lane beside you in the bridge line-up.  Awesome!!

Also - just going to throw this out there.  Neil - If you happen to google your name (who doesn't do that) and you find this page - -  I read you're a 32 year old in Toronto.  Interesting.  I happen to be 31.  While I certainly don't believe chivalry is dead, I am also a modern day girl.  If you would like to go out on a date with me, I will gladly meet you half way.  ;) 


Favourite of the Day:  Mike and Eden are getting married tomorrow!!  My awesome long time friend marrying my awesome new friend.   Perfect.  



No comments: