Friday, September 14, 2012

Muffins & Whores


Earlier tonight I was going through old boxes in my basement and I found something that made me shake my head and laugh.  I found these calendars I had saved from 1998 & 2000.  What a flashback.

When I was 15 I got a job at a little muffin shop in the mall.  I worked there for 5 years.  We had an all female staff and our boss was this little grumpy man named Art.  Every Christmas Art would order these weird slutty bathing suit calendars to give to certain customers.   They came in brown paper bags.  Seemingly, to conceal the fact that we were teenage girls giving out bathing suit calendars to weird men in the mall.

HOW FREAKING WEIRD IS THAT????

The more I think about this, the more my mind is blown.  Every year the same guys would come back and request them too.  Art even got our muffin logo stamped on them.   Imagine the corporate office got wind of this?  Geez.  I'm thankful I recognized that this was weird enough I needed to steal a few for keepsakes.

Rest in Peace, Art.  Thanks for the laugh tonight.


Favourite of the Day:  As I type this, I'm watching the episode of Family Guy where Brian the dog sleeps with Lauren Conrad.  It's awesome.  There is a part about Spender and Heidi that made me burst out laughing.  I love this show.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I read this post today, and have had Bubbles' (Trailer Park Bubbles!) song "Liquor and Whores" stuck in my head ALL day long.

J.P. Naphan said...

I love the title, it pulled me in immediately as soon as I clicked the link.

Yes it is strange. Its like old school man mentality. Art probably had an understanding with the head office who were also old men.

I never understood the bikini calendar. When did masturbation and planning get paired up?