Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Stinky Marshmallows.

A few summers back my family was out at camp having a bonfire.  I found the perfect little haven of coals in the fire and went to town creating the PERFECT marshmallow.  I slow-roasted it, spinning it continuously so the entire thing was golden brown and the centre was surely creamy.  I was proud of it.   Jana was standing near by and I wanted to show it to her.

"Jana! Come over here.  I have to show you something." I said.   Then Darienne piped in, to offer her cousin some advice.  "Don't go over there, Jana. It's a trick. She's just going to fart."

While perhaps I should be somewhat ashamed that I somehow trained her to think this, or saddened that when I actually wanted to be serious, she doubted me. But honestly, I'm a little proud.  Proud that she was thinking two steps ahead - and prepared for it.

I laughed when it happened. I'm laughing again now. Happy 10th birthday Darienne.  May you always be thinking two steps ahead.

Darienne, Auntie Sara, Jana. 
Being silly.  Because that's what we do. 





Favourite of the Day:  My sister and I just got back from a movie. (Lawless - good movie!) We brought our 'movie blankets' because it is always cold in the theatre. As we walked out, carrying our matching popcorn patterned blankets, my sister noticed this guy giving us an odd look.  I love it.  The guy was probably just jealous of our genius move. I hope that someday when we are 65 (well, she'll be 72) we'll still be loving the movies, still be carrying our blankets and still be getting looks.





No comments: