Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blackberry...Blackshmerry




I've noticed a new trend at work lately and I'm not impressed with it.   It's a new footnote written at the bottom of emails.  It goes something like this: 

"Apologies for any grammatical errors as this message was created using my Blackberry Handheld"  

Here's what that message says to me: 

"I'm sorry I'm in a rush and I'm not taking time to review my email or pay attention to grammar.  Your email does not mean enough for me to stop and take time to make sure I respond in a professional manner" 

OR

"I rely heavily on spellcheck.  Too heavily in fact.  I use spell check to hide my short comings"

(haha  I just said short comings)  

I vented and now I feel better.  





Favourite of the Day
Today I had lunch with a friend I don't see often enough.  Which I enjoyed.  Plus, she made homemade pizza that had spinach, roasted red peppers, turkey and ricotta cheese on it.  It was good. 




2 comments:

mirella. said...

Ugh.
I totally agree!

rileigh said...

easy now.