Monday, July 26, 2010

When you've been bad, should I call you Thomas?

Dear Tom,

I wish we had more time to chat after our brief time together. As I'm sure you can understand, watching you drive backwards and smash my car rattled me a bit. I was nervous and did not think clearly. But if we are ever given the chance again, I would love to get to know you better. I'm confident this would be a good conversation. Perhaps I would develop an understanding of why you did what you did. Maybe I could get some of my questions answered. Questions such as these:

-Did your parents raise you to be a liar, or is this a skill you developed on your own?

-Did you think driving backwards down a busy street was a normal thing to do?

-Did you know that a rear-view mirror is used to see what is behind you?

-Even though you told the police you heard me honking my horn, you didn't think I was actually behind you? (I'm really confused by this one)

-Did you KNOW you would get away with this, or were you gambling with fate?

-Did you know right away that the $7200.00 in damages you did to my car looked exactly like I rear-ended you, or did you come up with this theory later?

-Did you know the insurance companies would say your silly stunt was 50% my fault?

-Do you feel guilty when you look in the mirror? You sleeping okay?

-If we cross paths again, will you be able to lie to my face?

So many questions Tom, so many questions. I realize you are only 19 years young. I was 19 once too. I have grown up a lot since then and clearly you've got a lot of growing up to do as well. I can promise you though, I would not have done what you did. My conscience would have eaten me alive. Maybe someday you will realize that owning up to your mistakes and taking responsibility for your actions is what will make you a man. If you decide to have children I can only hope you decide to raise them with morals - better morals than you have at this point in your life. I hope you man up one of these days.

The saddest part is that this has left me jaded. You have made me question the value of honesty because in the end, your lies paid off. I don't like that Tom, not one bit.

In the end, I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. You don't have much to work with, it seems. Maybe next time you decide to f&*K me, you can take me out to dinner first. Then we can have our chat.

Warmly,
Sara

3 comments:

Natasha said...

I'm so, so sorry, Sara that this happened. TWICE. In two weeks.

Crazy.

Amy said...

So he got away with it?? Unbelievable. You have to fill me in.

Nicole said...

I thought it funny when I read an earlier blog about naming your DOG Thomas. ;)