Monday, March 7, 2011

2 Minutes for Over Analyzing

I previously confessed to judging people. Last night I thought of yet another way in which I judge. It relates to getting penalties in hockey. Now, I would be the pot calling the kettle black if I judged people for actually getting penalties - I'm not. I'm judging people on whether or not they shut the door at the end of a penalty.

I know that sounds absurd*. But I think it says a lot about one's mentality. Some people get out of the box, quickly pull the door shut and skate away. Some people carefully shut the door then double check its security to ensure it's safely closed. Then there are the people that leave the door wide open and skate away. (These are the ones I'm judging). They don't give a second thought to it. Someone else's problem. Someone else will take care of it. I would say 99.9% of the time - these are the same goon's screaming at the ref's and yelling obscenities to the guys on the other team.

I'm not a gambler but I would bet money that these are the same guys who put empty milk cartons back in the fridge and leave the empty toilet paper roll in the bathroom.

(Ya, guy on the yellow team - I'm talking about you.)



*Please keep in mind I spend many hours in the booth by myself.


Favourite of the Day: Marcie Runkel. She is hilarious.

No comments: