Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Creepy-pants

I was driving down Highway 131 a few weeks back. I was heading home from Traverse City. It was late Sunday night, the highway was deserted and I was alone. I was listening to Tina Fey's "Bossypants" on audiobook. (Sidenote: I love audiobooks. I love Tina Fey more.)

As Tina read to me, I noticed she used the word 'grim' more than once. I thought about the word. I thought about how much I liked it. I decided it's not used in everyday language nearly enough.

Just minutes after I thought about this, my iPod starting emitting a strange thumping noise. I couldn't figure out what was causing it. It was rudely interrupting Tina. It was annoying me. I was fumbling around with the iPod so I decided I should pull over for safetys sake. I saw a little side road coming up, alongside an old farm off the highway. I turned onto the road. I checked out the iPod and didn't see any problem. The thumping mysteriously stopped. I went to pull back onto the highway, but not before I looked up at the road sign. It read Grimm Street.

I had pulled on to Grimm Street.

Did the hair on your arms just stand up? Because mine did.

grim
[grim] -adjective, grim-mer, grim-mest
  • stern and admitting of no appeasement or compromise
  • of a sinister or ghastly character
  • having a harsh, surly, forbidding or morbid air

Having a harsh, surly, forbidding or morbid air? NO FREAKIN' KIDDING.



.

2 comments:

mrsalyons said...

Spooky!
On another note - I loved Bossypants! Great book!

Natasha said...

I love stuff like that. Still doesn't top Congressman Weiner, though.

Weird!