Friday, March 16, 2012

Confession

I love my Kindle. I admit it. I love it.

When they first came out I scoffed at the thought. An electronic book? Ya right. I love books. I like how they feel. I like how they smell. I like the history and story that comes with an old novel. Used books or library books - who read them before me? Who loved this book before I did? I like passing by the books on my shelf and seeing the ones I love and remembering them with a smile.

The thought of laying outside in the sun reading something that requires batteries seemed ridiculous. Yet, even though I have one, the truth is I still think this. It IS ridiculous. Imagine not being able to finish reading something because you forgot to charge it the night before? I shake my head at the thought.

But when it came down to it - I chose convenience. It is small and slim and I can take it every where I go. The line-up at the grocery store is long? I whip out the kindle. It is just too easy. (Yes, you could do with this with real books, but I hate having tons of crap and weight in my purse, so I never would.) E-books are also much cheaper. And I've discovered "Kindle Shorts". Short stories that are usually $0.99. And the ultimate convenience? I never lose my page. Remember, I lose everything right?

I felt like a traitor wanting one but I came to the realization that choosing an electronic book didn't mean I had to give up real books. I could have both. I don't have to choose one over the other. I just have to choose the one that works best at the time.

Okay. Confession over. I feel better. Let's move on.




Favorite of the Day: Tonight I was witness to a kitten experience sight for the first time. I was there when he opened his eyes for the first time. Amazing. (More on the kittens coming soon).








2 comments:

Carole said...

I love my kindle too. As a lover of words you might be interested in the word play involved in cryptic crosswords. I am doing a series of posts on solving cryptic clues. This was the first one I did. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/cryptic-crosswords-solving-hints-1.html Hope you enjoy.

Cheese Makes Me Happy! said...

Thank you for all of the new posts! I was having a lousy day, until I checked your blog and there are 3 (THREE!!!!!) new posts. Thanks Sara. You rock the cashbah!