Thursday, March 15, 2012

Reading Rainbow

I haven't done one of these in awhile now. But I finally finished this book last night and I just loved it. I loved the character development, the story and the emotions it evoked.

The book is Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer. This was recently made into a movie, which I have not seen. I probably won't as I'm almost always disappointed in those damn things. (Side note: My Sisters Keeper is the absolute most horrific example of a movie ruining a great book)

The main character is Oskar Schell - a young boy who lost his father in 9/11 and is on a quest to find the meaning behind a hidden key found in his father's closet after his death. The book is based on this quest - but through it, reveals the history of his family and the tragedies they endured. Oskar is a quirky boy and one of my favourite characters from a book in a long, long time. I wish he was real. I wish I could view the world through his eyes.


No comments: