Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Crazy Cat Lady....temporarily

**UPDATED THIS POST ON APRIL 12**

Yesterday I got my second batch of Foster Kittens.  I have the mom and her five babies.  They are only two weeks old and they are cute little buggers.  I will keep them for four weeks and if they are healthy, I will give them back to the shelter to be adopted.

I've already named them all and fallen in love with them.  I know, I know....people say I won't be able to give them up.  But I gave up my last ones and I had those ones for 2 months because one was sick.  I cried...but I did it and I'll do it again.

Allow me introduce you to my new little family:

This is Marjorie.  She's the only girl and she is a feisty one. 

This is Harlem.  He has a wonky leg. I took him to the vet
and they said he was fine.  As long as his leg doesn't cause him pain.  
Oh, and he has a lot of toes on each foot. 

Rudy - He is a small little guy and a little slower than the rest.  
But he's determined.  That's why I named him Rudy.  
I wanted a picture of his face but he was eating lunch 
and told me to back off. 

Vern.  
He is my favourite one.  He is likes to chill out and
sit there while the other kitties run wild.  

This is Lenny.  Lenny is just an awesome 
name for a kitten

Time for lunch!!  That's their momma. I named her Winnie Cooper. 

Momma spends A LOT of time 
feeding these monsters, so she has to 
have some lunch too....

Winnie Cooper is very sweet and loves to cuddle.  She gets very jealous when I play with the kittens and not her.  She comes over and picks them up by the scruff of their neck and brings them to the corner.  This is a never ending battle for her because every time she brings one to the corner, another one has found it's way over to me and the cycle continues.  She has a cold right now, so I'm hoping she doesn't make them all sick.    

I know eventually these little guys will turn into crazy devil's.  So, I'm off to play with them while they are still fairly immobile...



7 comments:

Heidi said...

These kittens are adorable and that's coming from a crazy DOG lady. I think the most adorable thing about these kittens are their names, which says more about the human fostering them than the kittens themselves.

I had a cat growing up with six toes too! We called him Paws. He also had a wonky leg, but eventually it straightened out. He and his sister Cecilia were born in the cornfields behind our house. We actually convinced my father (who HATES cats) to let us keep Cecilia because Paws was such a sickly gimp we were convinced he'd die before his first birthday. I was about 13 when we took them in and they are STILL both alive and well. The unfortunate thing none of us thought about when we began caring for these kitten 14 years ago is that now that all us girls are out of the house my parents are saddled with these two felines. Cecilia is about 20 lbs overweight and Paws, though his wonky leg straightened out years ago, is still an odd cat.

Kiley said...

I think you should lay down and let them suckle you and take a picture of that.

I want them all. Ollie and I will come for a visit soon!!!

I'm also trying to figure out why you named the one Harlem.

Anonymous said...

I love Harlem and Marjorie.. when I showed Jim, he fell in love with her.. but..2 cats and 3 dogs.. we have to stop! lol
You are doing an awesome thing.. I wish I had more room and time, they may have to leave, but I am sure more will come along!
Sara M, aka Sara T

Air said...

Hahah Winnie Cooper.

amber said...

Awww...I think Wonky Toes and Simon should be friends!

Yankee Wife said...

aww! what cute pics! I love wonky leg with 6 toes....

Anonymous said...

how many time i do not do what i want to do but do what i dont want to do