Monday, June 28, 2010

And the winner is....

I played in a golf tournament this past weekend. My team won the Ladies Division. No thanks to me, trust me. (Though I did get better as time went on - courtesy of Smirnoff Ice). Anyway we had a good time. After we finished golfing there was a dinner where they handed out prizes to the winning teams in each division.

Now before I tell you what we won, let me just say the tournament was put on by a bunch of guys. So at some point they must have gotten together to discuss what the prizes would be right? I'm trying to imagine how this conversation went. Perhaps it went a little something like this:

Guy#1: "Hey man, what should we give the girls for winning?"

Guy#2: "I don't know. What do girls like?

Guy#1: "Hmmm. Well, Girls like purses."

Guy #2: "Ya, girls love purses. Good idea."

Guy#1: "Let's go to the mall and pick some out!"


Yes. THEY GAVE US PURSES.

I think this is the funniest thing in the world. I know one of the guy's who put on the tournament and he was quite proud of himself. He thought they were pretty awesome. Based on how funny I think this is, you may have figured out they were anything but.

In the end though, I'm glad they did this. Because c'mon....PURSES!??!


Favourite of the Day: Season Premiere of "Obsessed" tonight on A&E. 10:00pm (EST).

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I want to see a picture of the purses. Tell me you took a picture.

Sara said...

No, I did not take a picture. I drank too much and gave the purse away... I know. Sad.