Monday, June 7, 2010

Stupidity + Insanity = Loyalty

The Top 10 Reasons I SHOULD hate the Young and The Restless:


(1) Victoria is both Abby's half-sister and step-mom(previously).

(2) Nick Newman, millionaire, lives in the horse stables. Billy Abbott, millionaire, lives in a trailer.

(3) People who suddenly have no place to stay are living in a hotel room at the Athletic Club. Conveniently, they all live in the same room. They too, are millionaires.

(4) Lily's father is Neil. But it's actually Malcolm. Abby's father was Brad. But it's actually Victor.

(5) Kevin, who began the show working in the strip club, later tried to kill Colleen and then gave Lily chlamydia. Now he's the stand up guy that everyone thinks is awesome.

(6) When Sharon had the paternity test done for Faith, the potential fathers were a) her ex-husband b) her ex-husband's previous step-father, who was also her ex-husband or c) her ex-husbands previous step-uncle.

(7) Phillip died in the 80's, but came back this year. Gay.

(8) If Jill had gotten pregnant when she was sleeping with Jack, the baby would be Billy's brother and nephew at the same time.

(9) Michael Baldwin, the best lawyer around, previously went to jail for raping Cricket.

(10) Shelia turned herself into Phyllis. Patti turned herself into Emily. Sarah turned herself into Lauren.

Despite this small glimpse into all that is ridiculous, I am still a faithful viewer and happy fan. I remember as far back as being 6 or 7 years old, coming home from school to eat lunch with my mom and watch the show. I know I will continue to watch for many years to come, far past the day Drucilla inevitably returns from her death off the cliff's edge.

For my fellow Y&R fans, I found this Gold Mine of a website. It's a summary of the story lines for every year, as far back as 1973. I know. You're Welcome.


Favourite of the Day: I have two special Amy's in my life. One is my sister, one is my friend. My friend Amy turns 31 today! In so many aspects in life, Amy and I could not be more different (remember the day we had car trouble?) But I could not be more blessed to have such a good friend in my life. Amy, I know birthdays now are 'just a day' but I want you to know I love you and your family and I hope you have a wonderful birthday!







4 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks Sar, you truly are my best friend - you've been there for me in SO many ways....luv you too :) Oh and AWESOME entry about Y&R, I totally agree.

Amy said...

I wish that you watched Bold and the Beautiful all the time too. Cause Brooke just slept with her youngest daughter's (Hope) boyfriend (by accident cause they were wearing mask and it was a case of mistaken identity). Hope's "dad" is ridge - but it's really Deacon (from Y&R). Brooke also slept with (and I think even married) her other daughter Bridgette's current husband Nick, and Deacon (who was with Bridgette at the time). Oh and one time Ridge found out that Eric Forester wasn't his read dad (it was Masimo) so then Ridge decided that maybe he would be in a romantic relationship with Bridgette - who IS Eric's daughter. They thought they were siblings FOREVER, but once they found out they weren't they thought they could hook up. Oh, and Brooke also married Eric at one time, and Ridges brother Thorne too. She gets around. I can go ON and ON....lol.

Natasha said...

That was so funny. And I didn't even try to figure out the family dynamics.

I used to watch this as a kid and Days of our Lives. But I managed to move on.... LOL.

You're fun. :-D And self-confident. My favourite things about you.

Yankee Wife said...

Love your Top 10! Have you thought of joining www.ohamanda.com on Tuesday's for her Top 10 link up?