Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup is a staple for me. It's my longstanding back-up plan and my comfort food. I always have some in my cupboard and I know it's always there for me on a day when I don't feel like cooking, or when I just want something simple and warm. I love my Tomato Soup.

How I feel about my soup is also how I feel about Oprah. Knowing we will soon embark on her final season is already making me sad. This is pathetic, I know. In 2006 she released her 20th Anniversary DVD set, which I am currently re-watching right now. It is all the highlights of the best moments on the show. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've cried over 25 times already, and I'm only on Disc 3. (pathetic count: 2)

If this is how I'm feeling now, I can only imagine how I'll be during her final show. In fact, when that day comes, I suggest everyone leave me alone - I don't think it's going to be pretty. Following that day, you'll probably be able to find me at the grocery store every day at 4pm.....buying more Tomato Soup.


P.S. NEVER GO TO the 2nd LOCATION. (only some people will get that)





5 comments:

Amber said...

If you got to do your own Oprah-style show...you could do an episode on people who are terrified of birds, but learn to pet a parrot withut hyperventilating. I'd guest star for you, but after the progress I made today, I'll probably already be cured!

P.S I guess this means it works!

Amber said...

P.P.S -- And by "it works" I mean the comments, not the bird therapy. They still give me the heebies!

Nicole said...

I wish it was tomato soup that was my comfort food. :) Mine is usually something sugary and full of fat! ;) Although sometimes dear Oprah gets on my nerves, she is amazing at what she does, and I don't think that anyone will be able to replace her. But I didn't know what I would do when Friends ended and I survived....

Heidi said...

Uh, Oprah hosts her best shows with Gayle because they're in love. Hello?

Having said that, I think it's perfectly reasonable to be attached to Oprah. I also see nothing wrong with crying when the show goes off the air.

When Ally McBeal ended in 2002, I sunk into a deep despair. I curled up on my bunk bed and wept. I remember my father walked in the bedroom and was like, "What the christ is wrong with you? You're CRYING over that skinny broad?"

I was distraught.

Anonymous said...

Uhm Sara, did you ever think of making a trip out of it and going to Harpo Studio's.. it really isn't that far considering some other wild trips you have taken on shorter notices.. right?
Get on it! Plan a vacation!
Sara#2