Saturday, August 28, 2010

Adcock Gardens

Remember that cartoon in the early 80's called "Fables of the Green Forest"? That cartoon comes to life at Adcock Gardens. Emmilia, Fern and I went there on Thursday. What a sweet, hidden gem that place is. I love the pond filled with lily pads, water lilies, frogs and turtles - complete with a wooden arched bridge and row boat.

I don't know the story about the family who owns the place. I wish I did. My imagination envisions it to be a husband and wife who are happily retired. Who fill their days tending to their garden and they couldn't be happier. Their children have moved out and are raising families of their own. They cherish the days their grandchildren come over and run through the garden to tend to their favourites. Whether it be getting dirty in the pond catching frogs, or picking crab apples off the trees. I picture the woman to wear a messy bun and old blue button up plaid shirts.

They drink tea in the morning, eating toast and reading the paper in silence before starting their day together. They have a crafty sign on their bedside table that reads "Always Kiss Me Goodnight".

And I bet they do.





Favourite of the Day: I just showed this to Mike at work and he said "If that really were Fables of the Green Forest, that frog would be wearing glasses".

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I have the words "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" etched above our bed! I'm actually getting sick of it. I might paint over it.