Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bumcials

I know I am biased in thinking my nieces are the funniest kids on the planet. They make me laugh all the time.  Here is yet another example of how they put a smile on my face:

We were eating dinner at my parents one night.  Usually when this takes place, there is a constant background noise of four girls running around, giggling and screaming.  On this particular day they were being unusually quiet.  After awhile, I was curious. I knew they were playing in my old bedroom so I went to find them.  They were no longer in there but I found this note on the bed: 





Later, as we sat down for dinner I said "So, ladies, I was wondering what a bumcial is?" Ryea, the oldest, turned red as the others began to giggle.   They explained they were running their own spa.  They were offering facials, pedicures, manicures and as noted above, bumcials and bellycials.  I asked what a bumcial was. They explained it was similar to a facial, where you'd get some nice cream and cucumbers put on your bum. 

The rest of the conversation went like this:

Auntie Sara:   "Hmm, well that sounds nice" 
Ryea: "Ya, except we didn't have any of that stuff" 
Auntie Sara: "What did you have" 
Jana: "well, we found this old chapstick" 
Auntie Sara: "Lovely.  Did anyone get a bumcial?" 
Jana: "DARIENNE!!!  She has chapstick on her butt!!" 

This was followed by erupted laughter....including my own.  

God, I love those kids. 

Myself and Darienne...the lucky recipient of the bumcial 


Favourite of the Day:  I slept for 13 hours last night!! It was much needed sleep and felt good.

No comments: