Friday, December 25, 2009

A wedding forecast

About five years ago my friend Jacqui, or Qui as I like to call her, returned to work after her lunch break to proudly show off the latest deal she found at the mall. She had bought her wedding jewellery.

Here's the thing - Qui was single.

However, Qui is confident. She is the type of person that calls a spade a spade. That is what I love about her. She liked the jewellery and it was on sale - so she bought it.

Yesterday, I attended Qui's wedding. It was a simple private gathering that took place in the minister's living room in front of his fireplace. She and her husband said their "I do's" and exchanged a kiss. Then we had lunch. Back at her house I told Qui she looked beautiful. She pointed to her necklace and earrings and said with a smile "Hey....wedding jewellery"

Oh, Qui - you sure make me laugh. Congratulations on finding love and all the best to you and Juerg. (Or as I now like to call him "beef juerky")


Favourite of the Day: IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

3 comments:

Giggles said...

I am on my way out the door to look for my "wedding jewellery".

Think it will work?

Here's to the power of positive thinking!

Heidi said...

I ordered my wedding jewelry and all the turquoise earrings for my bridesmaids from etsy and was quite pleased with this decision. Each piece of jewelry came with a handwritten thank-you note from its artisan. Plus all the pieces were under $15.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.