Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"Buy me beets I stain my sheets, I don't even know why"

Life is overwhelming me right now.
I have a lot of things to do and not a lot of time to do them.
But in a few short days I will go from this:
(picture taken during recent snow storm)
To this:


I am going to Cuba for my first 'all-inclusive" vacation, along with 16 other people on Saturday. I am very much looking forward to a day consisting of NOTHING. Nothing. Just lying on the beach reading trashy magazines and wearing copious amounts of sunscreen. Because despite my attempts to go tanning this month, I've made little progress in getting somewhat of a base tan. I don't care really. I just don't want to turn into a lobster. I am haunted by my Carribean adventures in 1995 of blistering in the sun. Ooh - sidenote: Remember how awesome Violent Femmes were? I can't believe they are not on my iPod right now.

Tomorrow I am getting a manicure AND a pedicure. Anyone who knows me knows this is NOT ME. I am not that kind of girl. I don't know - Maybe it's time I get all girly every once in awhile. This morning I told my mom about my mani/pedi. (Did I just say that? Punch me in the face, please). She saw me a little while later and leans into me and whispers:

"Sar - you know you should shave your legs before your pedicure, eh?".

Ya ma, thanks.

7 comments:

Giggles said...

Oh Sara, you make me giggle!

Have a great trip and be sure to wear the sunscreen! Have a mojito for me (or any other slushy drink with an umbrella)!

Korinne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Korinne said...

I just discovered your blog! You are a funny girl Sarah! I love the honesty :) You will have a blast in Cuba! Just let loose and have some fun!

Heidi said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip, including all your steamy Cuban flings.

PS. I spent New Years Eve in Miami. Hey, it's probably the closest we've ever been to each other.

Heidi said...

God, I hope it's warm for you down there. It's pretty friggen cold up here...

Amy said...

Enjoy your trip Sista!! You forgot to bring me with you!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.