Friday, May 29, 2009

It was just a phase...

I'm over it. I loved it, I obsessed with it and now I'm done.

Farewell Twilight, it was fun while it lasted.

When I first read the Twilight series I fell hard. Stephanie Meyers hooked me in - along with millions of others, apparently. There was a craze in the air. The stores were running out of books and everyone I know was reading and talking about them. I had my fictional crush on Edward, which later turned to Jacob, then back to Edward again. I anticipated the release of the movie and I was not disappointed. Which was strange because being a reader, it's quite rare, if ever, that I've liked the movie as much as the book.

But now - I'm just plain sick of it. I'm sick of vampires and talk of the new movie, I'm sick of seeing Rob Pattinson. His glowy, sparkly whiteness. More than that - I am sick of the painful expression always on Kristen Stewarts face. She always has the look on her face that someone kicked her in the stomach or ran over her cat. Would it kill her to smile? Or maybe brush her hair? Or, gasp - both? Man. I'm done.

Sorry Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart - I'm sure you're nice people. I'll have to let all the tween girls love you instead. I'm getting older and it's time for me to move on. I wish you all the best. I just hope your 'best' isn't in my face anymore. Good luck.

***Editors Note (& Spoiler Alert)***
Since writing this post, I watched the New Moon trailer on the MTV Movie Awards. When I saw Jacob turn into the wolf I will admit I did get excited. I still hated Rob and Kristen's speeches at the awards show though - that didn't change. And again - Kristen - BRUSH YOUR HAIR.


Favourite of the Day:
I slept in. I love sleeping in.

4 comments:

Kate K said...

Until the New Moon phase, right? I am SO over Twilight, too. Let's move on to the next movie!

I totally agree with you regarding Kristen. She always has that tortured-pity-party-for-one look. Rob, however, I could look at forever, but only in the artistic pics...not too fond of his candid shots.

I am feeling the same way about Twitter, though....

C.Flower said...

She's a STONER, girls.

She loves the pot.

C.Flower said...

Kristen Stewart that is.

Kate K said...

Ha ha. "She loves the pot". :)

I knew that, but some people that love pot smile. I think she needs to buck up and be a little entertaining off camera - she went into the business - she is getting paid the big bucks to entertain. When she dropped the popcorn award, and the rest of the time - I thought it's certain, she and Bella are the same character.

Anywho, I really stopped by to leave you this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4w_Ybm0by8

Good for a laugh! I am glad I am not this fan-crazy.