Thursday, June 4, 2009

In Your Face

I smirk a little when I see people walking their dog down the street with a bag of poop attached to the leash practically hanging in the dog's face.

Going for a walk, to most dogs, is the greatest joy on earth. (I really like when people actually spell the word out if the dog is in the room so as not to excite the dog).

So how is the w-a-l-k rewarded? Hey - if you decide to take a big dump on the walk...guess what's going to happen??? (said in a baby voice while scratching the dog's belly) That's right... I'm going to hang it in your face!!'

I like to imagine the thoughts running through the dogs mind.

Kudos to dog owners for picking it up in the first place. I know not all do. I am not slamming dog owners. I just think it's a little bit funny, that's all.


Favourite of the Day
Today I told my friend Jane I made my first purchase on Etsy and I was excited.  She didn't know what Etsy was.  She thought I was referring to 'ecstasy' as in - the drug.  She showed concern over my new found drug problem.  I was laughing so hard I couldn't even talk.  


6 comments:

mirella. said...

You know what really made me laugh about your Favourite?
How weird it would be if you HAD bought ecstasy and were so excited about it that you called your friend to tell her. I can imagine why she was so shocked!

Also, I will now be on the lookout for people who keep the dog poop bag too close to their dog's face. How rude! haha

Amber said...

Did I tell you that I made my first Etsy purchase last month...totally thanks to you!?! That gnome zippered bag you sent me the link to became available again, and now all the little men with beards live in my purse! Yay! And thanks...

Giggles said...

I spell in front my dog and I'm NOT ashamed to admit it. I spell W-A-L-K and even C-O-O-K-I-E. However, I do not hang his poop in his face, I put it in a garbage asap. Sometimes, I bring a "pretend" poop bag though. When I know my dog is going to "go" in a place where people don't walk, I don't clean it up. There, I told you about the "pretend" poop bag, and it's such a relief to have it off my chest!

Natasha said...

LOL. That is so funny.

So, does Amber have ME to thank for Etsy because YOU found out about it from ME?

I have NEVER seen a dog owner walking a dog with a bag of poop hanging in the dog's face and we have a ton of dog owners in this town. I have a funny story about that, though: Jude took Izzy for a walk and he picked up her poop and put it in a bag and because he was heading out to the field and there's no garbage out there, of course, he left it in the alley to get on his way back home. So, on his way back home he saw an older couple walking away with his bag of poop. And he wasn't sure what to do. Should he chase after them and say, "Hey, that's MY poop! I'll take care of it."? He thought it was weird that they'd take it. I said, "Well, they probably thought it was weird and inconsiderate that you just left it there." "Ya, but if I was considerate enough to bring a bag and bag it, wouldn't I come back later to get it?" "Who knows WHAT you're thinking about a bag of poop, Jude?"

Sara said...

Maybe the whole poop in your face thing doesn't happen often? Maybe I'm just seeing the same dog owners in my neighbourhood over and over? I don't know. I am going to be on the lookout. I am also going to try to get a picture of this too.

C.Flower said...

Dangling poop in your dog's face is so disrespectful. I'd report the walker to PETA.

As for Natasha's story – I could see some old couple picking up Jude's bag 'o poo, all flummoxed by the audacity of someone to leave their dog's crap in the alley for later retrieval. HA! Funny stuff.