Saturday, June 27, 2009

MJ, Farrah, Jon&Kate + a debate...

Was Michael Jackson a talented musician? Absolutely. Was he the King of Pop? Yes. But that's where it ends for me.

Call me an arse if you'd like - but I'm not all that upset that he died. Except for the fact that he has kids - that is sad and of course I feel for them. But have we forgotten how everyone thought he was a whack job? Have we forgotten he *allegedly* molested children? I am baffled at people outside his home and the hospital crying and losing their minds. Would these people react this way if their own family member died? Apparently sales of his albums are through the roof right now. Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble have sold out of CD's, DVD's and books. Barely 24 hours after his death, he was on already on cakes in a bakery!!?!!. **I just don't get it.

Frankly, I think MJ is stealing Farrah Fawcett's thunder right now. She was a cool chick and sadly, Jacko will take away from people reflecting and mourning her death. She was very open with her struggle with cancer and really opened the door as far as awareness goes. What good I see in this situation right now is that maybe the Gosselin family can have a little peace and quiet. Maybe now they won't be on the cover of every magazine. Did Jon cheat? Possibly. Is Kate controlling and bossy? Sure - but who are we to judge? Maybe that worked for them. Maybe Jon needed structure. Maybe he knew that when he married her. Has Kate become materialistic as of late? Yes - but what woman wouldn't if you knew you'd end up in every magazine out there? Everyone has their theory - but regardless, they aren't just a television show. They are a real family and this will really affect their children. What they are is genuine. They are opening up their hurt for the world to see. Of course I realize they have benefited beyond what we could imagine as far as finances go. That is no secret. But this is a give/take relationship here. They give us their family and allow the world to watch their children grow up. They take the money and provide for them. No matter what the ifs, ands or buts are - I hope they make time to talk, heal and regroup without cameras in their face. Parents separating and family's hurting are an every day reality for millions and if anything, this may send a message to other families that they are not alone. That those who are appear to be happy and have it all - don't necessarily do. I am sad for them - whatever it is that brought them to the place they are in now.

Changing subjects here - do you think there is a guy out there whose job it is to be the montage guy? You ever notice that when someone famous dies there is a montage of their life ten minutes later? It's impressive really.

Good job Montage Guy.

Favourite of the Day: Today I am going to my niece's birthday party. She is 7 years old. I remember the day she was born and going to the hospital to visit her for the first time. I greatly anticipated being there for her birth because I was was so disappointed to be out of town the day her sister was born four years prior. All of my nieces have vastly different personalities. This one is Miss Hollywood. She loves to be the boss. She is the story teller, who talks with her hands and has facial expressions that crack me up. She loves being in the spotlight and I love to be the audience. Happy Birthday my banana.



**Apologies to all super fan's I may have offended in this post*

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Jon + Kate + whatever number is a fucking disaster. I have about as much sympathy for them as I do Jacko. Don't get me started.

Maybe when the Jon + Kate kids grow up they can collaborate with the Jackson kids to film a reality TV show called "My Parents Fucked Me Up But Good."