Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Gas Triangle

I would love to work at a gas station to see how many people (all female, I would assume) get out of the car and get ready to pump their gas, only to put the nozzle back and get in the car - to have to drive to a different pump because their gas tank is on the other side of the car.  

(Oh, hello run-on sentence)

I did this again yesterday for the millionth time.  And this is even AFTER I've learned about the gas tank picture in the car.  I had no idea that little triangle picture was there to help you know where your gas tank is.   Yet, I somehow STILL get this wrong.  




4 comments:

Alicia said...

HOLY.CRAP.
I did not know about the gas triangle and I'm pretty sure you just blew my mind. Where was this post 2 days ago when I waited in line at Canadian Tire and then pulled up and had a mini-panic attack because I thought the gas tank was on the other side of my car? I tried to casually take a look back as I stuck my head out the door. I had gotten it right, but I wouldn't have had to look like a goob to the line of cars behind me had I known this!

Natasha said...

LOL. I didn't know about the triangle either but I have never gone to the wrong side. All of our vehicles have had the pump on the left side.

mirella. said...

This was a fear of mine when I first got my license (which was about a year ago). So every single time I drive into the gas station, I double check the arrow. I made it a habit.
It is incredibly strange that we can't just remember this, though.

Stephanie said...

I HAD NO IDEA....I just told Noel that I didn't know about the triangle and he looked at me like I had 3 heads!