Friday, October 30, 2009

Kevin vs. Phyllis

This post is for Office lovers only.


(I'll give those suckers who don't watch this show a moment to click elsewhere...)











***pictures stolen from NBC's website***

I think The Office is absolutely the best comedy on television. The writers are brilliant and the cast is an all time best. Their timing and delivery is top notch. I can't really put into adequate words how much I love this show.

The other day at work, my friend and I were debating who was the best character on the show. Not counting the main four (Michael, Dwight, Jim & Pam) we narrowed it down to two: Kevin and Phyllis. I am pretty adamant it is Phyllis, but he thinks it is Kevin.  After some discussion of certain scenes and lines, I may be wavering towards switching to team Kevin. Recently, Kevin has had some good scenes - like when he went to Jim and Pam's wedding wearing Kleenex boxes as shoes, or 'borrowing' Jim's office to fart. But then there is Phyllis. She has some great one-liners; "I wonder what people like about me?....I bet it's my jugs". Oh, that line makes me full out belly laugh. 

Yes, I think ultimately I'm staying with Phyllis. 

Anyway, I hope to hear from everyone else who loves this show.   Consider the following characters: 

Stanley
Angela
Oscar
Kelly
Andy
Meredith
Creed
Phyllis
Kevin

I left out Ryan, Toby and Erin.  Basically because I don't think they should be considered a top character because they aren't that funny.  I wish Holly was still around.  The parody of Slumdog Millionaire she did with Michael should have earned her a permanent spot on the show.  She had the best chemistry with him and was a perfect fit for this show.

Who is your favourite?



Un - Favourite of the Day:  My two 7 year old nieces are both in Grade Two at the same school.  They were in a talent show at school today and I forgot to go.  Had I gone, I KNOW this would have been my Favourite of the Day.  I'm certainly not winning Aunt of the Year today. 

4 comments:

Andrea said...

My favourite is definetely Andy...what did he say on the last show: if he doesn't get to sing the rest of his song its like holding in a sneeze! that made me laugh!!

mirella. said...

Same here, Andy is by FAR my favourite of the bunch! I think he's just as funny as Michael/Dwight!

However, I do have to give mad props (yeah, I just said that) to Kevin, Phyllis, Stanley, Kelly, Meredith and Creed because they also craaaack me up (Angela & Oscar, not so much.. they have their moments, I guess)

Heidi said...

Joe says Kevin. He didn't even falter. Hands-down Kevin. Me? I love the red-headed bitch. Meredith. Don't ask me why. Every time I see her scowl, I howl.

Happy Halloween Sara!

Amy said...

I can't even pick a favourite - I love them all.

In the discussion between Phyllis and Kevin? I have to say Kevin. When he is running up to Pam and yelling at her boobs "Whaah Whaaah" to make her breast milk come in - I was crying. But I think the most underrated character is Creed. Every episode leaves you thinking 'Who is this guy?' makes me laugh. He's definitely not the funniest but needs to get at least a mention.