Monday, October 12, 2009

Master Manipulator

I might be a genius. I came to this conclusion when I woke up this morning because I manipulated my own dream.

I am a vivid dreamer. I usually dream multiple times a night. I always remember my dreams and I often have to really think about whether or not something happened to me in real life or if it was a dream.

The dreams I hate the most are about my teeth. I HATE them. (I am also annoyed by 'pee dreams'). In these dreams my teeth usually fall out, crack or something gross and awful. Last night it was a fall out dream. One of my front teeth broke and I spit it into my hand. I reached up and touched my teeth and they all started to fall out. I was collecting them all in my hand. Normally at this point in time I would start to freak out. However, something strange happened. In my dream, I told myself not to worry - that I was dreaming and I would eventually wake up and I would have all my teeth. So I carried on what I was doing and secretly held all my teeth in my hand.

When I woke up I immediately slid my tongue along all my front teeth to ensure they were in tact. They were, of course.

I feel like this is a huge step in my nocturnal world of randomness.

6 comments:

Sonia said...

Bahahaha!!! I especially love how you "secretly" held on to your teeth... bahahaha!

rileigh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yankee Wife said...

Ha!! I love it! As a former dental assistant I had teeth dreams ALL THE TIME! My teeth are always so loose that they flop wildly back and forth... Ugh, I was always so glad to wake up. I think there's meaning behind teeth dreams, but I don't remember what it is.
I'm like you-I dream multiple dreams every night and I always remember them. Usually they are so whacky. I kept a dream journal for a while but haven't lately. My mother thinks I should write a book of them. Not sure anyone would be interested in reading that I dreamed that I won a yellow spongebob-faced Corvette..... Maybe I'm just whacked!! Ha!!
Maybe we should trade dream stories...

Heidi said...

I can manipulate my dreams too!!!!! Learning I harnessed this power was the most awesome discovery of my young adult life.

I have teeth dreams too, except in my teeth dreams I've got TOO MANY teeth and I can't close my mouth ... my mouth is like CHOCKFULL OF TEETH. It's painful. My jaw throbs. My teeth are like horse teeth and I can't even talk to express how pissed I am about it.

Natasha said...

LOL. I change my dreams all the time. I taught myself to when I was a kid, to deal with nightmares.

I hate teeth-fall-out dreams. I only had them when I had braces.

Anonymous said...

You should get a dream book if you don't have one already!