Thursday, October 8, 2009

Remember When


On Sunday we celebrated my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary.  We had a great evening with family.  As a gift, we presented our parents with a photobook and slide show of pictures from the last 40 years. They loved it!!  Special thanks to my super cool friend John who worked his wonders on the slide show. 

It was fun to look back at how much we all have changed, to see their life together before our lives existed and to look back and remember people who have passed on.  The nostalgia wasn't even ruined when Jana said to my mom; 'You know Nana, GiGi's brother had real hairy boobs'.  

Here is a quick look at some of my favourite pictures we found; 

Pure sweetness.  My brother and sister in 1972. 

My brother lovingly reading me a story.  
--Ya right.  As soon as we saw this we both said
 'there's no way we did that - - were definitely posing'.  
Then we laughed and laughed.  

How short are my brother's shorts?  And nice mesh belly shirt.   
This is the one that made me laugh the hardest. 

This is my grandpa - making fart sounds in his armpit. 
I sure wish I met him...(for more reasons than this of course).

I don't know the story behind this one.  
I only know it involves me, my dad and a banjo.
And that we look pretty damn happy.    

 My sister looks so much like her daughter here, 
my brother has a barrette in his hair
and my mom looks so pretty.  I love this picture. 

Me - rockin' a plaid jumpsuit and stylin' some hair. 

Remember when bangs started way back on your head? 
Also - check out those pop bottles. 

Love my dad's jacket in this one. 


 



3 comments:

Francesca said...

Those are just the best! What great photos! And imagine, our kids are going to look at us in our teens through our 30's and laugh at our fashion!

Brett Nordquist said...

Great post. I love the picture of your dad playing the guitar.

Heidi said...

Awesome post. Just awesome. I love the pop bottles, the bangs and your bro's MESH BELLY SHIRTS. He reminds me of Drew Barrymore's brother in the movie "50 First Dates."

PS. I see you planted blue daises in your blog. I like.